As a well established family business founded in 1982, Hoyle & Robbins is proud of their reputation for providing an efficient and reliable garage service in Loughborough. Our work is always done to high standards using the latest diagnostic and repair equipment available. Paired with a friendly and reliable service, you can be sure of a great experience every time you choose us. No job is too small or too large for us to complete.
At Hoyle & Robbins, our car enthusiasts fully appreciate that your vehicle is precious to you. Therefore we take absolute pride in looking after your cars. Most members of our team have more than 20 years of service experience with us, so you can have absolute faith that your vehicle is being worked on by a team of highly qualified, fully experienced motor engineers.
Our team of highly qualified technicians undertake continuous training, such that Hoyle & Robbins has hands-on experience with the latest technology.
Our vast range of skills enables us to provide accurate diagnosis, service and repairs on all makes and models of cars and light commercial vehicles. At Hoyle & Robbins, we pride ourselves with the policy that no job is too big or too small.
We use only the highest quality parts and oils and our specialist diagnostic services are carried out using state-of-the-art equipment supplied by Bosch.
In short, our workshops are fully equipped, our labour rates are extremely competitive and we have the skills and knowledge to work on any type of car.
A full service history will help to keep the resale value of your car high and we at Hoyle & Robbins want you to get the very best from your vehicle service. Therefore, in order for both parties to work together to achieve that, please consider the following when bringing your vehicle in for servicing:
Try to give clear, and if possible, written instructions of all the work you believe needs doing to your vehicle:
• List all known faults when booking your vehicle in. There is no need to be technical; if you hear any odd
noise when driving then please tell us - that will usually help us find, diagnose and fix the problem
• We will need to contact you during the day you leave your vehicle with us, so please leave a telephone number
so we can speak to you should we need to
• If your vehicle has a service record book, please leave it on the front seat of the vehicle or hand it in to reception
for us to stamp after we have completed your service
• If your vehicle has locking wheel nuts please ensure you leave the key to these and advise us where to find them
• If you are unsure about any aspect of your service please do not hesitate to contact us.
Call us on 01509 235 726 if you require any advice or assistance
Remember - when you have your vehicle serviced at Hoyle and Robbins, Block Exemptions ensures that your manufacturer's warranty remains unaffected.
It's not just servicing we do. If you would like us to price new tyres, exhausts, engine diagnostics or anything else to do with your vehicle, we would be delighted to do so.
In October 2003 European Union legislation, 'Block Exemption Regulations 1400/2002' (BER) came into force.
This ruling gave motorists more freedom of choice in their decision as to who should repair and service their vehicles. Any garage can now be used to service your car without invalidating the manufacturer's warranty (subject to certain conditions).
This was as a result of introducing four specific 'freedoms', aimed at safeguarding free competition in the entire market for vehicle spare parts, service and repair.
• Dealers and authorised repairers without the vehicle manufacturer / assembler using 'dealer / repairer contracts'
or other means to prevent them
• Manufacturers can no longer be forced by their original equipment (OE) contract to limit supply of parts to the
vehicle manufacturer / assembler
• Parts distributors can supply parts of the appropriate quality
• Parts manufacturers can supply OE products under their own brand so motorists and repairers will not be forced
to go to a main dealer for a certain part
• Anyone with a legitimate need for technical information has a right of access to it in a usable form and at a
Independent repairers can carry out normal maintenance and repair services during a vehicle's warranty period without invalidating the warranty conditions, provided that the service is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer's servicing schedules and is recorded as such any parts used are of 'appropriate quality' and are recorded as such.
If you need any further information on this topic then please visit the ADF website www.adf.org.uk
Need a vehicle service in Loughborough? Call Hoyle & Robbins!
About Hoyle & Robbins